Statistics on Dental Malpractice
- Approximately 13.1 percent of medical malpractice reports in the United States are filed against dentists (American Board of Legal Medicine).
- From 1990 to 2003, individual dentists in the United States had an average of 1.63 malpractice reports on file (American Board of Legal Medicine).
- Plaintiffs win dental malpractice cases in court almost 40 percent of the time (American Board of Legal Medicine).
Involved in a Dental Malpractice Case?
Dental work can be expensive and unpleasant. When you hire a dentist, you expect that he or she is a skilled professional. However, dentists are sometimes negligent or inadequately trained, which can lead to serious dental problems for the patient. If you or someone you know has been a victim of dental malpractice, it is important to speak with a competent dental malpractice lawyer as soon as you can. Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation from the dentist at fault.
A lawyer who has experience in dental malpractice cases may be able to assist you in the following situations:
- Your dentist misdiagnosed a condition
- Your dentist performed a treatment incorrectly
- Your dentist’s treatment worsened your condition or caused a new problem
- Your dentist performed an unnecessary treatment
- Your dentist failed to notice a problem that required immediate attention
What Does a Dental Malpractice Lawyer Do?
Lawyers with experience in dental malpractice cases may be able to help you recover damages from the dentist at fault. After you hire a dental malpractice attorney, he or she will review your dental records and speak with you about the case to determine whether dental malpractice occurred.
If your attorney finds that your dentist failed to care for you appropriately, he or she will proceed by filing a lawsuit against the dentist for dental malpractice. Throughout the duration of the lawsuit, your attorney will meet with you periodically, help you prepare for court, represent you in the case and negotiate with your dentist’s legal team. Depending on the severity of your dentist’s negligence, you may be awarded a refund for your dental bills, as well as additional damages for the harm the dentist caused.
Find a Dental Malpractice Lawyer
If you or a loved one was the victim of dental malpractice, don’t hesitate to seek counsel. Get in touch with a competent dental malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Before you choose an attorney, remember to compare statistics and accomplishments of lawyers in your area. T o find useful information and statistics about dental malpractice lawyers, visit the Injury Lawyer Database. If you need any more information, do not hesitate to contact us.