- Every 16 minutes, someone is killed in an accident involving a commercial truck. (source: TruckInfo.net)
- Almost 98 percent of the time, the individual killed in a truck accident was driving a non-commercial vehicle that collided with the truck in question. (source: TruckInfo.net)
- As many as one out of nine traffic fatalities occur during accidents involving a commercial truck. (source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
Have you or a loved one been in an accident with a commercial truck? If so, you may benefit from the counsel of a qualified attorney. If the truck driver was at fault for the accident in any way and you or your loved one sustained an injury, you may be entitled to receive compensation from the driver and/or his employer.
A qualified lawyer can assist you in many different types of truck accident cases, including:
- Accidents involving an intoxicated truck driver
- Accidents in which a truck driver violated traffic rules or commercial trucking safety regulations
- Accidents that caused bodily injury to you or a passenger, whether temporary or permanent
- Truck drivers who had been on the road for too many hours at the time of the collision
- Distracted truck drivers
Find a Truck Accident Lawyer
Regardless of the nature of your truck accident, it helps to speak with a qualified attorney as soon as possible. If you or a loved one were injured during the accident, the lawyer can help you understand the process and file suit, if necessary.
As a part of the lawsuit, the attorney will negotiate with the truck driver’s insurance company in order to obtain the best settlement possible. If a settlement for your truck accident cannot be reached, there will be a trial.
The Best Truck Accident Lawyer
If you were involved in a truck accident and you need to find a lawyer, there are a variety of resources you can use to help you in your search. For example, you can compare lawyers based on their track records on the Injury Lawyer Database. There is not a category specifically for truck accidents. There is a category for motor torts, however, which includes trucking collisions in state court.
Experience and success are crucial. If you are not sure where to get started, or if you need any additional assistance, feel free to contact us for more information about finding the best truck accident lawyer to represent you in your case.