Statistics on Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcyclists are 25 times more likely to die in a crash than individuals riding in passenger cars (source: Nationwide Insurance).
- On average, the cost of medical care for individuals who are injured in motorcycle accidents ranges between $10,000 and $12,000 (source: National Highway Transportation Safety Administration).
- From 2001 to 2008, motorcycle death rates increased by 55 percent (Center for Disease Control and Prevention).
If you or a loved one has recently been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may benefit from legal counsel. Though some motorcycle accidents are caused by inclement weather conditions or the actions of the rider, many accidents result from the negligence of other drivers on the road. Motorcycles are harder for drivers to see, and distracted or intoxicated drivers often overlook them, which can lead to serious collisions, injuries and fatalities.
When another driver is at fault for your motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. To learn more about the case, you should consult a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer.
Such lawyers can help with the following motorcycle accident cases:
- Accidents in which the other driver was distracted
- Motorcycle accidents involving intoxicated drivers
- Personal injury cases
- Cases in which the motorcyclist was killed
- Accidents caused by motorists who failed to yield
An Attorney for You
After you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer, he or she will investigate your claims by reviewing the accident report and associated medical records. If the lawyer determines that other drivers were at fault for the accident, he or she can negotiate with the insurance company and then, if necessary, file a lawsuit against the parties responsible.
During the lawsuit, your motorcycle accident lawyer will do everything he can to help you obtain the best possible recovery. He will negotiate with the defendant’s lawyers, help you prepare the case and represent you in court at trial. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may receive payment to cover related medical costs, as well as other damages, such as pain and suffering.
Find the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident and you believe that you may be entitled to damages, the first step is to find the right lawyer. Remember to compare motorcycle accident lawyers based on experience and previous results. You can compare lawyers’ track records using the information provided on the Injury Lawyer Database. If you need any additional assistance to find a qualified lawyer in your area, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.