If you have been involved in a car accident, you need an excellent lawyer with experience. You also need to know – you are not alone.
Statistics on Car Accidents
- 33,808 people died in car accidents in 2009 alone (United States Census Bureau).
- In 2010, distracted driving killed almost 3,000 people (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration).
- Every month, 1000 people die in accidents caused by a driver who was speeding (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration).
Not every car accident is the fault of a driver. Sometimes other factors cause collisions. In addition, fault matters. Whether a state is a contributory negligence state or a comparative negligence state, it can impact the outcome of your case. More often than not, at least one of the drivers involved in a collision contributed to the accident in some way. If that driver wasn’t you, seek legal counsel. Even if it was you, speaking to a lawyer is still a good idea.
If you or someone you know was recently involved in a car accident, you may benefit from speaking with a qualified lawyer. If another driver caused your accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation from the driver at fault, and an experienced lawyer can help you obtain it. Qualified car accident lawyers can help with a variety of cases, including:
- Car accidents with drivers distracted by cell phones or texting
- Accidents in which a driver was intoxicated
- Accidents with uninsured or unlicensed drivers
- Car accidents that caused personal injury or death
- Accidents with drivers who failed to follow traffic laws
- The other driver failed to follow a reasonable standard of care when driving
A Motor Vehicle Case
You don’t start out with a “car accident case.” You start out with having been wronged and having damages for that wrong. These damages can include medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You hire the best car accident lawyer you can find. That lawyer negotiates with the insurance company for the other driver. If an adequate result cannot be achieved, the attorney will file suit.
Finding the Best Car Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you know was recently involved in a car accident you should find a qualified lawyer as quickly as possible. To find the best lawyer, look for experience and success. Don’t simply rely on the word of the attorney seeking your business, use real statistics. Our website has those real statistics, and even has a category of motor torts. If you would like additional information about finding the right lawyer, please contact us.
See The Articles below for Info on Specific Types of Cases
Statistics on Drunk Driving Accidents Every day in the United States, 28 people die in accidents involving intoxicated drivers (Mothers Against Drunk Driving). In 2010, 10,288 people died in crashes involving one or more alcohol-impaired drivers (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration). Every 51 minutes, somebody dies in a drunk driving accident (National Highway Traffic Safety […]
Distracted Driving Lawsuits Texting and Driving If you were involved in an accident where the other driver was texting and driving, you should seek a lawyer immediately. The lawyer should have experience with car accident cases, and preferably car accident cases involving texting and driving. Texting and driving has become an epidemic, certainly on par […]